The Robert Koch Institute publishes the number of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 cases in Germany on a daily basis. They form the basis for political decisions that are made to contain the pandemic. However, the infection proceeds without any symptoms or with only weak symptoms of an illness in some people. It can thus be assumed that not all cases have been recorded so far. It is also unclear as to how long antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 virus are detectable in the blood after an illness or vaccination.
In order to learn more about the course of (undetected) infections and the detectability of antibodies in the blood, the SOEP at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin) is conducting the “Living in Germany – Coronavirus Monitoring 2021” study in cooperation with the Robert Koch Institute (RKI).
For this purpose, we are asking the participants of the “Living in Germany” study to participate. Of course, participation is voluntary. However, it is of major importance for the significance of the study that as many people as possible participate in it. This is the case regardless of whether you have recovered, are vaccinated or not vaccinated, have fallen ill or have not yet fallen ill.
All information about the additional survey “Living in Germany – Coronavirus Monitoring 2021” as well as the required materials will be sent to you by post. The letter also contains a short questionnaire (which you can also complete online) as well as a test set for collection of some of one’s own drops of blood.
We would like to thank all participants for their assistance!
- Anleitungsvideo zur Selbstabnahme der Blutstropfen (Deutsch)
- Instruction video for the collection of blood sample (English)
- Tutorial video cu instrucțiunile privind recoltarea probelor de sânge (Română)
- Film z instrukcją na temat pobrania próbki krwi (Polskie)
- Видео с инструкции за вземане на кръвни проби (български)
- To the online questionnaire of the additional study “Living in Germany – Coronavirus Monitoring 2021”
(you received your personal password from us by post)